Artist statement

More about me and my projects

I combine classical art with modern techniques, using digital graphics to reinterpret ancient images. Advances in technology and mass media culture have changed our perception of art, allowing us to create new artistic expressions and reinterpret old art. Combining ancient mosaic tech- niques with digital filters, I create storyboards of distorted and pixelated images, reflecting on the changes and subjectivity of our perception. I also create digital series of works using 3D modelling and video rendering techniques. Without giving a clear judgement, I invite viewers to reflect on the inevitable processes of change and reconstruction of classical art in the digital age, considering machines as co-authors and custodians of our collective memory. My work explores themes of digital death and immortality, encouraging reflection on the dichotomy between temporary existence and eternal aspiration. I also create digital augmented reality masks, exploring the transformative power of technology on our perceptions of self and identity. A key element of my work is the struggle between entropy and non-entropy, with the aim of raising awareness of mental health issues.